Sunday, November 18, 2007

Training Schedule: Nov 19 - 25

This should be an interesting week with the Thanksgiving holiday/travel/gorging on the list of scheduled events. I'm looking forward to an old-fashioned Thanksgiving hosted by my grandparents. It's the first time we will be in Utah for this holiday in a long time. We usually go to Seattle or California to celebrate with Paige's family.

Mon - WU, 5x1K @ 3:55 (w/400m rest), CD
Thu - 5 Mile Race
Fri ??? - 20 Miles @ 8:43


I wanted to give myself two days rest before the Thanksgiving Day race. Hopefully that gives my ITB's a good rest. I'll work core, flexibility, and strength on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'd really like to put the hammer down at the race but I think there will be several things working against me: temperatures expected to be in the 30's; this isn't an "official race" - it's a "charity run". The event won't be timed and calls into question the quality of competition (not necessarily a factor for me); and, probably my biggest concern ... my ITB's.

I've got a 20-miler for my long run. From the standpoint of potential overeating, this sounds good. From the standpoint of having to go it alone in cold weather ... not so good. I see the Striders are staging the 2nd Annual Black Friday 25K/50K on Antelope Island Friday at 7 AM. It sounds like it's just a group training run. This would give me others to run with so I think I'll drop a note to the event organizer to get details.

No comments: