Thursday, October 11, 2007

What's Next?

I'm still thinking through things but at the moment this is my best guess.

I'm not going to WARR in Sydney at the end of the month. This is a disappointment but the disorganization of those in charge of our contingent and the general logistics weren't working out. I'm finding as I get older I have less patience so to avoid further frustration, I'm scrapping this plan altogether.

The Houston Marathon is full and I didn't register. Frankly, I didn't want to commit to another marathon before running my first. There may be opportunities to have other runners transfer their entry to me but for now I'm not counting on it.

Okay, so that's what I'm NOT doing .... How about what I am doing ...

November 3 Cajun Cup 10K, Lafayette, Louisiana
November 22 5-Mile Thanksgiving Charity Run, Ogden, Utah
January 19 Cabo Half Marathon, Cabo San Lucas
May 17 Ogden Marathon, Ogden, Utah

Of course, all of this is tentative and subject to change but it's good to have a plan.

Interestingly, after spending an hour at the finish line in St. George, Paige is thinking she would like to do a marathon. She's looking around at different dates and locations. Of course, her decision could alter my schedule.

No comments: