Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Can't You Read a Training Schedule?

Just realized I screwed up my run this morning. That's disappointing since I was feeling pretty good about it. I ran 5 miles which consisted of 1 mile warm up, 3 mile tempo, 1 mile cool down. Everything was fine except I was supposed to get 7 miles today not 5! I just realized it when I checked the blog.

Anyway, I went out early and started from the Y a little after 5 am. The target for my tempo run was 7:20 and that's what I ran it in (thanks to my virtual training partner). The range of my 1/2 mile times was between 3:27 - 3:52. I would have liked them to be a little tighter but it works.

5 miles total
with 3 tempo miles @ 7:20

So over the past few days I'm short 2 miles today and 6 miles last Saturday. Hope that doesn't catch up with me!

Here's a clip about the St. George marathon that lifted my spirits. It is from Paul Petersen's blog:

St. George is most likely the fastest certified course on earth, as long as you are trained for downhill and altitude. ... No, St. George is not record-eligible (has a downhill gradient greater than 1%), but let’s just speculate here. The idea is no worse than the Steroid Olympics.

Petersen will be running St. George attempting to qualify for the Olympic Trials. I'll be looking for him ... but doubt I'll see him!

Many people know there are some pretty good runners' t-shirt phases. I heard one I really liked the other day.

"It's rude to count people as you pass them. Out loud."

Shellie (runs with us on Saturday's) sent this one and attributed it to an Adidas ad. The other one I like is about gazelles and lions in Africa. I'll have to pull the exact wording and post it sometime.

No comments: