Thursday, September 20, 2007

AM Work on the Track

I didn't get out last night due to another late evening at the office. So I left the house at about 4:30 this morning. I used the 2 miles over to the Klein High track as a warm up. Initially it looked like the facility was locked up but after circling the perimeter I found an open gate.

Once on the track, I ran 4 x 1600 with an 800 jog in between each. The targeted time for each 400 was 6:55. I ended up with:

6:50
6:42
6:55
6:59

I'm a little disappointed that I fell off on the last one and that the trend was generally for increasing times rather than decreasing. But, I suppose it wasn't a bad workout overall.

When I started I was the only one on the track but by the time I was finished there were several others walking, jogging, and running.

Oh, I should mention that after an exchange with my running conscience, I finally admitted that running a half marathon this weekend is a bad idea. What was I thinking? I'm supposed to be tapering! Thanks for helping me with that realization, Stephanie.

The next workout is Saturday morning. I'm scheduled for 12 miles and expect I'll get out with the regular Saturday group. Randy will be leading the run in Stephanie's absence.

No comments: