Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Easy 3 @ Memorial Park

I clocked an easy 3 miles at Memorial Park this evening. It was good to get back to things familiar.

I have some concern about tightness in my left calf that I'm experiencing. I'm not quite sure what to think about it. The sensation started with about 1/2 mile to go during my 6-miler in Utah. Trying to finish strong, I just ran through it figuring it was cramping. The tightness stayed with me the rest of the day and was still with me this morning and during my run tonight. I'm wondering if it's a pulled muscle. I'll probably take an extra day to see how it feels. I'm scheduled for a track workout Wednesday night but I also have tickets to the Astros-Dodgers (won them at the post-race drawing after the Run Wild 5K on July 4th). So I think I'll go to the game and get the extra day rest then run the speed workout Thursday night at Klein High.

For Saturday's long run I would like to run with Stephanie. I haven't seen her scheduled yet. I could however have a scheduling problem if I end up having to go to Utah to fly Cameron and Rory home from BYU's cross country camp. So the weekend schedule is tentative ... at the moment. I do know that I can't miss another long run!

3 miles @ 8:53 (26:38)

No comments: