Monday, July 2, 2007

Alternate Route for Easy 5

It has been raining a lot lately - including this morning. I decided not to go to Memorial Park. I figured part of it would be under water. I met Cameron at the Y on the way home and we started on my usual Saturday run route. The plan was out 2.5 miles and back. Cam has been sick and probably shouldn't have been trying to run today. He had no fuel in the tank so dropped off at 1.5 miles. I went out another mile and came back but he wasn't there. I thought he must have gone back to the car but was worried since he's not familiar with the neighborhoods in that area. He wasn't at the car. I drove the route in reverse and he was waiting at the point he originally dropped off. It was getting dark so I was glad he went back to that spot. He said after he stopped and I went on that he walked down the street. I'm still not sure how I missed him on the way back. I told him I'd be back in 20 minutes and later figured that I was probably back to where I left him in 18. Anyway everything turned out fine.

EASY 5 MILES

44:51 for 8:58 pace

mile splits
9:10
8:59
8:44
8:54
9:04


I'm considering running a July 4 5K on Wednesday in place of my scheduled tempo run.

No comments: