Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Grinder's Special ... and I don't mean the Sandwich!

Tonight's workout was tough. It didn't really have so much to do with what we were doing as how I was feeling. It didn't seem that I could ever "get going". I think I must have tweaked my right Achilles playing basketball the night before. It started out sore and tight for our 2-mile warmup. By the time we finished, the problem had extended up through my calf.

Another observation/excuse ... I don't think I'm fit enough yet to do a speed workout 48 hours after a long run. I'm theorizing (hoping) that I just really hadn't given my body the rest to recover properly.

Anyway ... here are my approximate times. Jonathan Bennett provided his times to me from his Garmin. I failed to pack my watch this morning so wasn't able to keep my own times. What is it with me and timekeeping lately...???

400 - 1:44
800 - 3:27
1200 - 5:21
800 - 3:35
400 - 1:23

Ultimately the workout wasn't terrible but I was slower than I wanted to be all night long.

Fortunately I've got two days rest before Saturday's 5K. I need it!

No comments: