Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Ran Today!

3.12 mi.@ 8:05

Mizuno Wave Rider 12


Good news. I ran today! A couple quick facts:

I'm injured.
I won't be going to Boston.
I'm very disappointed.
I'm getting treatment.
The symptoms - painfully tight calves - are being treated and seem to be responding well.
The cause - a biomechanical flaw in my gait - is going to take time to correct.
I entered the St. George marathon lottery and hope to get pulled. If not, I'll look for another fall marathon. Any suggestions?

I'll fill in more of the details in future blog entries.

8 comments:

Steph said...

That's a bummer, sorry to hear that. Terrible timing.
Stuart and I are planning on going to CIM in December, we'd love for you to join us. I am trying to talk a few other people into joining as well, namely Randy, Josh and Augie.
Take care Cory.

Josh said...

Hooray for the run! I'm seriously considering doing CIM with Steph; it'd be fun to get a group going...

Bummer about Boston- you may have to wait and run with me next year!

Hang in there! I look forward to hearing about your progress.

pcb said...

Guess you'll have to take down the "Beantown Countdown" unless you will leave it clear till next April. Glad you got to run today.

Cory said...

Hey Steph. I'm putting CIM on my back-up list in case I don't make it into STG. Sounds like it will be a good time to have the group there.

Cory said...

Josh -

2011 in Boston. It's on!

Cory said...

Paige,

You didn't look closely at my Beantown Countdown. It was already reset for 2011.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your injury. I was looking forward to following your progress on the Boston website. keep working hard and you will achieve your goals. Of course you already know that.

Cory said...

Thanks, Michael.

Hopefully my body will allow my mind to accomplish what I'm thinking.

Also, great job with the Ogden marathon!