Thursday, June 12, 2008

Standard 3

OBJECTIVE
3 miles : SLOW

ACHIEVED
3.03 mi @ 9:01/mi.

73° 89% 0 mph

This was a day that I easily could have missed my run. The justification that today called for a short, slow run flashed through my head when I woke up. It wouldn't be a big deal if I blew it off .... But I "flipped the script" on myself thinking, "if it's such a short, slow run - what's the big deal? Just get it done."

My legs were sore or tired ??? this morning ... I'm not exactly sure which. Yesterday was a Big Workout but I stretched well after the run. I did end up sitting in the bleachers for four hours through Cameron's doubleheader last doubleheader last night. Maybe I just tightened up during that stretch ... ???

Anyway rolled out the three miles. I started slowly then found myself picking it up about midway. I was getting faster than I wanted to be so I pulled it back and just eased it home. I wanted to be around 8:54-9:00/mi. For some reason, I've got it in my head that if I'm slower than 9:17/mi. the miles are being wasted and fall into the junk category. I'm not sure that's a true-ism but I think I read about the concept somewhere along the line.

Looking at 5 miles tomorrow.

PRE RUN
nothing

POST RUN
water, multivitamin, Honey Nut Cheerios w/skim milk

No comments: