Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hmmmm ....

OBJECTIVE
Easy run 4 mi. @ 8:25 min./mi.

ACHIEVED
4.00 @ 8:10 min./mi.

4:36 AM 55° 50% 17 mph

I took an extra rest day trying to give my legs and more specifically my left ITB a chance to recover from Saturday's long run.

I used my ITB strap expecting the worst. I was pleasantly surprised that I really didn't have any problem with my ITB. My legs felt very fatigued around one mile in but I'm convinced that's just a lack of conditioning. A little over 1.5 miles it started raining and I expected it to burst open but it only lasted a few minutes then stopped. There was lightning dancing across the early morning sky for the rest of the run. The wind was really blowing and I noticed the return trip was more difficult going into the wind. However, once back at the house analyzing my run, I was surprised at my mile splits ... not the speed but the consistency. I was at

8:14 / 8:14 / 8:14 / 7:59

I'm sure I've never hit splits like that even on a tempo run! It was wholly unintentional as I didn't pay much attention to my watch.

I'll see how my legs feel and plan to go out for an aggressive tempo run Thursday morning. That will be the true test of my loss of conditioning and my ITB.

PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
SlimFast & multivitamin
Later, water & GrapeNuts w/ skim milk

No comments: