Sunday, May 6, 2007

9.3 Long Run

I went out for an early morning long run with some of the people at Champions Fit. Generally, it ended up being pretty good. They meet and run very close to where I live. It also seems that they're organized and focused on their running. This morning I met Susan, Jay, Pauline, and Kelly. We covered 9+ miles. The pace was varied as Jay and I took a diversion early on and went faster and longer. We were on something around an 8:30 pace through 5 miles but slowed when we met up with the rest of the group. Jay and Susan kept going for 12+ and Kelly, Pauline, and I turned for the cars at around the 7 mile mark. I think my overall pace ended somewhere just under 10:00. That's outside my training zone. However on the upside, I'm feeling pretty good (at the moment) considering this was my longest run to date and that I raced yesterday. This also built some more confidence for the upcoming half ... in less than two weeks!

No comments: